Saturday, September 6, 2008

Occupation Specific Jokes

I found an article in the Wall Street Journal and sent it to my friend Gumby. he has a thing for the Large Hadron Collider and this article dealt with the physicists who hired a stand up comic to teach them stand up comedy.

I thought it was amusing. My favorite joke was "Do my bosons give you a hadron?"

Gumby in his blog thought otherwise.

But it does give rise to the age-old question: Do occupation specific jokes really work?

I am going to have to say NO, based upon Steve Martin's Plumber joke.


So, I hear we have some plumbers in the house tonight - big plumbing convention in town this week - so I thought I'd make a special joke, just for you, the plumbers, so here we go.

If you're not a plumber, please sit tight, laugh along anyway, the joke is hilarious even if you don't get it. Because you're not a plumber. But if you ARE a plumber, you'll love it.

So, here we go. Big plumbing joke.

So, these two guys are working on a golf course reticulation system and the first guy says to his buddy 'George, I can't get this flange backed off.' Well, old George looks over and says 'Jeez Pete, you need to use a 3/4" gangly wrench on a Hobson spigot'. Pete says 'I am, pass me yours, maybe mine's broken'. So George... George passes his tool across .. and then Pete says 'GANGLY wrench? I thought you said DANDY wrench!!'..
I think Gumby may be on to something


1 comments:

GumbyTheCat said...

Contractor joke:

Two contractors named Gumby and Holysmokes are installing siding on a house. Holysmokes would pull a nail out of his tool belt. If the pointy end faced toward the house, he would use it. However, if the pointy end pointed away from the house, he would toss it over his shoulder. Noticing this, Gumby walked over and said "What the hell are you doing, you idiot?!?" Holysmokes said "Those nails that I threw away are bad." To which Gumby replied "No, you absolute fool! Those nails are for the OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE!!!"

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template