Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Texas executes Mexican man despite objections

What gets me most about the fact that Texas executed Jose Medellin is not the issue of whether the state should have executed him or he should have gotten life without parole or whether the Supreme Court's recent ruling was wrong or not.

That's not the issue.

In the recent msnbc.com article from a feed from the Associated Press a relative of Medellin condemned the execution, as is her right. This relative said:

“Only God has the right to take a life”

My question is: Did Reyna Armendariz, the cousin, ever say this to her now-executed cousin??

I mean he bragged to friends about the rapes and murders and never denied doing it. His entire Supreme Court claim was that he was not allowed to contact the Mexican Consulate.

I wish people would think before they spouted stupidity.

(note to readers: anything that you think may be stupid that I write, I have thought about before I have written - So There!!!!)

2 comments:

Sallybats said...

But she is right, Mr. Smokes (well, except for the God part). He didn't have the right to take the lives he took and neither does the state. You may disagree with what she said, but it was far from a "stupid" comment.
Now, when it comes to Dead bootlegs or stoner comedies, those I will take your word on...

Holysmokes said...

"You may disagree with what she said, but it was far from a "stupid" comment."

--except for the God part.

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template