Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm Drawing a Blank

I have no idea what to write.

I have been sitting here for quite some time having taken the time off from posting over the weekend.

My brain was lazy this weekend so I don't know what to write. I can't write as well as my friend Gumby who has had two excellent posts recently on the (faked) moon landing and a service that will bless your resume or photograph (really!!!!!). I don't think the moon landing was faked and capricorn One was such a hose job of a movie (come on - in the chase scene you see palm trees. Palm trees. In Houston?????????).

Gumby writes so well - for a guy from Akron.

And me?? English major and I cannot get a thought in edgewise.

Like I was running this morning and in the morning I see people running and you give the little wave, you know? Well, there is this woman. Let's call her Brunhilde. She never waves. Never.

Here I am, waving my chicken arms around and she looks away. She shouldn't be able to run. it's like a law. Well, more like a guideline, but there are rules of the road. And she's not obeying and she's pissing me off.

And AIG's stock is up $5 from last week and that's pissing me off as well.

And the Mets have a share of the lead but it's in that National League Least and that's pissing me off as well.

Notice a trend?

Well, you know what also pisses me off? Nancy Pelosi calling George Bush a total failure. I mean, is that a case of "Hello Kettle, You're Black" or what??????

And Starbucks closing 600 stores around the country. That pisses me off. They should close all of them - except mine, the one on the corner of Liberty Street and Nassau Street in Downtown Manhattan. If that's the only one open, the line can be not only out of the door but down the block as well. Then I won't go there anymore and then they can close that one and i will be okay.

For now, I will pay $2.28 per day for two Venti cups of coffee. And what the hell does Venti mean? Shit, it sounds like Italian but in Italian, Venti means "twenty".

That pisses me off. And you know what pisses me off more???? Baristas. what the fuck is a Barista?? In what language do the idiots at Starbucks speak??? Esperanto????

And you know what else pisses me off??? Dan Rather referring to Barack Obama as Osama Bin Laden and no one reports on it except Bill O'Reilly.

Aren't you glad I drew a blank?

1 comments:

GumbyTheCat said...

Thanks for the compliment smokes, much appreciated. But I've read what you've posted of your novel, and imo you're the true writer not me.

I get writer's block all the time for my blog. The trick is to have fallbacks. Mine are -

1) Straight science reporting. When I do that, I try to flesh the post out by adding pertinent info from other sources that expand on points my main source overlooks.

2) Topix posts, mine or other people's. Topix is a GOLD mine. I've written several Topix posts that, when properly rewritten, become good blog posts.

3) Personal anecdotes - like that "Gumby Of My Youth" post. I'm going to add more like that. I have a story about the Greyhound bus trip from hell I took to NYC a few years back. That will be a post in the near future.

You should join BlogCatalog and other sites - it will help increase your exposure. BlogBurst is a good one also - I've had 13 of my posts published on Reuters and the Chicago Sun-Times now. Exposure is a good thing!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template